Error code -1 was returned by the Core Audio Driver

fstrat76

I searched and couldn't find the exact issue here.

I downloaded and installed the SSL free plug-in and all of a sudden, Logic 7.1.1 is now returning "Error code -1 was returned by the Core Audio Driver" when starting up. I am able to get in and use the plug-in though.

The plug-in passes AU Validation. If I disable it by unchecking it in the AU Manager, Logic starts up fine with no error messge. As soon as I check it again, Logic returns the error message.

So I disabled the SSL plug-in and downloaded and installed Crystal. Exact same problem.

I tried repairing permissions, trashing prefs and trying again, but no luck. The only other 3rd Party plug-in I have is BFD.

Anyone have any other ideas?

Thanks.

Issue solved. I'm posting this for others who may run into this issue.

I'm not exactly sure why it was a problem to begin with, but before installing the SSL plug, the only 3rd party plug-in I had was BFD.

BFD was setup in my autoload. Once I installed the SSL plug, when Logic 7.1.1 would startup using my autoload (with BFD), the error -1 would occur. Disabling the SSL plug in AU Manager cleared the error so I thought the issue was the SSL plug.

I decided to remove the BFD plugin setup from my autoload, saved the autoload, re-enabled the SSL plug in AU Manager, re-launched Logic, and the error was gone.

I put the BFD back in my autoload and saved it again to see if the error would re-occur. It did not. Problem solved.

As to why this occurred, I don't know.