One last V-Synth XT issue

SDMusic

David, I wanted to thank you for your post back in April for the custom MSB and LSB codes for the V-Synth. I'm able to trigger the patches for all 16 channels but I can only see the patch on the V-Synth display for channel (track) 1. When I'm working on tracks 2-16 in Logic the corresponding patch does not appear in the V-Synth edit window. It would be nice to be able to edit all 16 channels not just channel 1. I'm not sure if it's a Logic transmission problem or a V-Synth receiving problem. Thanks again for the custom bank info and any further info on this issue. If anybody needs Word documents of the 512 patches for the V-Synth XT just let me know....ShawnDM72@yahoo.com

Thanks maceasy for the reply. It does seem that the v-synth is not a true multi timbral synth. I'll just have to modify the way I work with the patches and the tracks in Logic. There's always a way around ever prolbem when you deal with these systmes.

I have a VSynthXT and was sort of pissed off when I discovered this limitation. You can only ever edit the Patch loaded into the first position. All the other patches cannot be modified (at least from the panel...maybe with CC info on other channels? but even that I think didn't work). There is also the issue with all patches sharing the effects of Patch 1. Drives me crazy, really. The multi-timbrality of the VSynth is a joke and the "feature" is so unusable that I just don't even bother trying anymore, sadly :-(