WTF is this Yellow ruler line....aaarggghhhhh

Logicno8

I watched over 100 videos (tutorials) about Logic and I really enjoy this software but there is one f$@%ing ...I don't even know what it is that every time ruin my work. I unintentionaly press that everytime and then my project is muted and only thing I can do is to restart my project and begin from 0. It's like my RULER part which goes along the song becomes f$@%ing YELLOW? WTF that suppose to mean ????

It can becom RED during recording but why is YELLLOOOOWWWW???

Can I delet this shity bug to prevent myself from this waste of time?

How to turn this off??? I never saw tutorial on how to get rid of the "SUDDENLY MUTING OF ALL OF YOU TRACKS AND FUCKIN UP EVERYTHING YOU DID"...

Anyone knows about this bug???

Thanks mates.

It's the Solo Mode... not a bug...

If the Ruler it's yellow and you don't have Regions selected, then the song will be "mute"...

You may select this Mode with the "S" on the keyboard or with the "S" button in the Transport Bar (if you can see it... if not, you have to customize the Transport Bar... choosing to display the "S" button)...

Hope this help... :roll:

EDIT: ...sorry, Fader8... I didn't want to make an... echo!

...just... I'm not very quick writing in English... :!:

Edited by gribit

Also try to make sure you do at least the tiniest amount of research on such basic things, like, typing yellow into the search line of the manual, which then returns around 20 topic titles, most of them containing Solo in any form, before you spew out your toughts on a forum in such a bewildering way that it makes you appear as being a lunatic.

Christian

...sorry, Fader8... I didn't want to make an... echo!

...just... I'm not very quick writing in English... :!:

Happens a lot around here.

Also try to make sure you do at least the tiniest amount of research on such basic things, . . . . . before you spew out your thoughts on a forum in such a bewildering way that it makes you appear as being a lunatic.

Christian,

You have such a way with words. Since the forum guidelines don't specifically cover lunacy, do you think we should add your statement? :wink:

Fader8 and Gribit...Thank you guys...it is a SOLO mode but I didn't have any clue that should be a SOLO mode and it happened zillion times during fast typing in LOGIC. I know how to solo everything and I didn't know about this SOLO mode....

Fuzzfilth...I know basic things this is just bullshit option for nothing. I didn't see anyone in any YouTube or ANY tutorial EVER covered this crapy S mode. I saw Eli K. videos LOGIC 8 EXPLAINED and he goes from basics to advanced things. I saw ALL of SF LOGIC NINJA stuff on YouTube and I NEVER saw someone have using this or mentioning. I know I sounded like a crazy motherfucker but how would you feel if you would press something and you don't have ANY clue how to turn it off AGAIN and AGAIN. I went to EVERY SINGLE solo button I knew and everything was fine. No S buttons selected, nowhere but still NO SOUND....I was like " How the hell that happened and how to be turned off". There is S buttons and these have their purpose but THIS is RE TAR DED.

My book covers the solo mode. When did YouTube become the new standard for learning a professional tool? You'd learn more from reading the manual.

Just because you don't need (or don't understand?) the solo mode doesn't make it crappy. And if you continue typing random keys real fast when working in Logic, you're bound to discover quite a few more surprises! :lol:

Oh and when you're in Solo mode, there's a big yellow S button highlighted in your mode buttons on the transport bar: just click it to toggle the mode on and off. Solo mode is a very usefull feature!

Logicno8,

I can't tell you how many times members here have linked or suggested a Youtube video for a certain procedure, only to have that video be hopelessly incomplete, misguided, or or just plain wrong. That's why we point out the hazard of this in our forum guidelines.

Do yourself a favor and spend some time with the manual. or take a class, read David's book, or if videos are your thing then Macprovideo is reputable. It'll save you a whole world of confusion and misinformation.

DAVID...I TOTALLY agree with you. SOLO mode is feature that is necessery in order to edit or record ANYTHING in LOGIC of course but I know about SOLO buttons next to channel strips and tracks and mixer but this was something I didn't know about. I know about key shortcuts but I was using keyboard for typing some midi notes and then Yellow mode happened. I agree that manual must be more accurate but YouTube make it easier to follow since you can hear what's happening when some effect or option is applied. I don't think YouTube is a standard but I always prefer audio/video explanations. At least when I'm dealing with audio recording/editing software as Logic. Thank's all the best.

FADER8...Ok dude, I'll check out MacProVideo's and get my head arround manual :-)

There is a way to SOLO a Audio/Midi track, there is a way to SOLO Group, also to SOLO or MUTE few tracks or ALL but there is a purpose of that. What a f*%@ should be a purpose of MUTING just everything. There is NO S button highlighted so when you all of a sudden loose your sound and start looking what happened there is no a s#!+ to indicate what happened (except iritating Yellow line). And WHAT? I should thing "Ohhh yeah...now my song sound is perfect. Beautiful silence in G minor". If I want to hear DRUMS I'm goung to mute everything else or to SOLO just drums, the same for each instrument or group, but I'm asking again DOES ANY OF YOU REALLY USE "MUTE EVERYTHING" yellow line (which is I don't know why solo mode) to HEAR...I don't know.....nothing. I can just turn VOLUME knob down on my speakers or on LOGIC master if I want to hear nothing right?

By the way...does anyone knows if there is any chance to use COMP editing with midi ?

There is a way to SOLO a Audio/Midi track, there is a way to SOLO Group, also to SOLO or MUTE few tracks or ALL but there is a purpose of that. What a f*%@ should be a purpose of MUTING just everything. There is NO S button highlighted so when you all of a sudden loose your sound and start looking what happened there is no a s#!+ to indicate what happened (except iritating Yellow line).

And the transport's solo button. Like I said in my first reply to you:

This can happen easily if you have a region selected and accidently hit the "S' key. Make sure you have the Transport's Solo button visible.

Get that solo button on your transport bar and Bob's yer uncle. Play with it. See how it works.

Be sure you understand the distinction between region/track muting and channel strip muting. Also, Logic solos "in place" which means yes, everything else gets muted.

What a f*%@ should be a purpose of MUTING just everything.

Once the meds kick in, you can check the manual, which is a different medium than youtube which is just like television.

Reading words is more of a soothing, comtemplating thing as opposed to getting bombarded with information overflow from a screen which tends to leave one in a passive aggressive state, or, as it seems, an active aggressive state. Both conditions are detrimental to learning, which is not a good precondition for the current situation.

Anyway.

Hitting S (this means Solo and is connected to the colour yellow, just so you know) solos what is selected, so if you want to solo that guitar Region, you hit S ( = Solo = yellow, right?), click that Region and play it.

If you hit S ( = Solo = yellow) for no particular reason, the result might be akin to slamming on the brakes in busy traffic for no particular reason. In both cases, you didn't really need to do it and you bear the consequences.

Christian

Edited by fuzzfilth

There is a way to SOLO a Audio/Midi track, there is a way to SOLO Group, also to SOLO or MUTE few tracks or ALL but there is a purpose of that. What a f*%@ should be a purpose of MUTING just everything. There is NO S button highlighted so when you all of a sudden loose your sound and start looking what happened there is no a s#!+ to indicate what happened (except iritating Yellow line). And WHAT? I should thing "Ohhh yeah...now my song sound is perfect. Beautiful silence in G minor". If I want to hear DRUMS I'm goung to mute everything else or to SOLO just drums, the same for each instrument or group, but I'm asking again DOES ANY OF YOU REALLY USE "MUTE EVERYTHING" yellow line (which is I don't know why solo mode) to HEAR...I don't know.....nothing. I can just turn VOLUME knob down on my speakers or on LOGIC master if I want to hear nothing right?

By the way...does anyone knows if there is any chance to use COMP editing with midi ?

One thing's for sure, you're funny as hell.

Once the meds kick in, you can check the manual, which is a different medium than youtube which is just like television.

Reading words is more of a soothing, comtemplating thing as opposed to getting bombarded with information overflow from a screen which tends to leave one in a passive aggressive state, or, as it seems, an active aggressive state. Both conditions are detrimental to learning, which is not a good precondition for the current situation.

Christian

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I'm with you Christian.

It's really important to understand the difference between soloing a region, a track, or a channel strip. They each have their purpose.

BTW I personally really love hitting the "S" key (shows in transport) and then Logic automatically solo's whatever I select. very useful!!

fuzzfilth.......MANUAL SUCKS. And that's why most of people download LOGIC EXPLAINED, TIPS AND TRICKS..etc. This is AUDIO software and I have to SEE and HEAR, to be GUIDED through the process not to scroll through tons of pages. It's easier to type in GOOGLE "Logic 9 solo mode video tutorial (or just tutroial)". I wish I did that. Next time I will. My mistake.

I still think that LOGIC has a LOT of doubled options like this one. It's like you can find a way to do something in 50 places and 50 different buttons...I mean..WHY?

If finding SOLO button for particular track and pointing playhed in desired position is too much effort to hear a part of recorded region than whoever think that 5 SOLO modes is really necessary is lazy ass.

Fader8 and Gribit...Thank you guys...it is a SOLO mode but I didn't have any clue that should be a SOLO mode and it happened zillion times during fast typing in LOGIC. I know how to solo everything and I didn't know about this SOLO mode....

Fuzzfilth...I know basic things this is just bullshit option for nothing. I didn't see anyone in any YouTube or ANY tutorial EVER covered this crapy S mode. I saw Eli K. videos LOGIC 8 EXPLAINED and he goes from basics to advanced things. I saw ALL of SF LOGIC NINJA stuff on YouTube and I NEVER saw someone have using this or mentioning. I know I sounded like a crazy motherfucker but how would you feel if you would press something and you don't have ANY clue how to turn it off AGAIN and AGAIN. I went to EVERY SINGLE solo button I knew and everything was fine. No S buttons selected, nowhere but still NO SOUND....I was like " How the hell that happened and how to be turned off". There is S buttons and these have their purpose but THIS is RE TAR DED.

Too bad you missed waterboy's vids. He covered just about everything including Dumaflajees.

:mrgreen:

LOGIC has a LOT of doubled options like this one. It's like you can find a way to do something in 50 places and 50 different buttons...I mean..WHY?

As lots of people have tried to explain to you, and still do (I really wonder why, as you seem so decidedly unwilling to accept help, but possibly because the entertainment factor of this thread is far beyond the norm, thanks for that), once you really understand what a function does, and have grasped how the various inflections of a group of related commands differ, you begin to see opportunities to adapt the software to your preferred workflow, which for everyone is different, i.e. not the way you or me or fader8 wants it.

If finding SOLO button for particular track and pointing playhed in desired position is too much effort to hear a part of recorded region than whoever think that 5 SOLO modes is really necessary is lazy ass.

That's a very opinionated opinion and yes, technically you're entitled to it.

If life as it stands is too hard for you, then open the Key Commands window, locate Solo Mode, click Learn and hit Backspace. Close the window. You have now successfully disabled the key command for Solo, which means, you can continue to thrash furiously on your keyboard and no mysterious Yellow Mode™ will come back to haunt you. And us.

I'm outta this thread. Good luck. Wait 'til you hit Purple Mode™ by accident...

Christian

Edited by fuzzfilth

Wait 'til you hit Purple Mode™ by accident...

I know it, I know it!

Just push TAFKAP all at once...

:D

Damn. And I thought it was eliminated when Prince changed his name to a symbol. Because it used to be something like PATNPG before. If only Apple would let us know when they make these changes!! (it's probably in the manual, but like the rest of us, I never read the manual)

I love Purple Mode though. Everything is funkier, and the interface seems snappier.

Please Apple please, let us know when you make these changes. (a phone call or better a YouTube video would be fine) I was without funkiness in my music for over 10 years!!

Rich

I've said this before, I'll say it again:

There should be a spinoff site called "LogicHobbyistHelp.com"

or maybe: LazyLogicUserHelp.com

or finally: LogicIdon'tknowhowtousethegoogleHelp.com

I mean it was one thing when the manual was a hard copy with an incomplete index, but now it's a searchable pdf....C'MON KIDS. No excuse for these 101 questions.

Also, does anybody else notice the fact that the dumber the question, the more of a rant that goes with it (this SUCKS that Logic doesn't do what I want to, APPLE should give me my MONEY BACK)? There's my rant for the day.

David and fader8 I don't know how you do it. Kudos.