in need of Plogue Bidule rewire tutorial

guavadude

I'm trying to set up PB so I can use Kontakt standalones rewired into Logic 8.

I've successfully created a Bidule 1 and have routed midi to the Kontakt instance in PB, but I'm having trouble getting the audio back to Logic.

I have created a new Rewire Aux in Logic so I'm getting the Plogue Bidule as a rewire choice.

In PB's prefs/rewire, I've enabled the rewire mixer, enabled the stereo channels, set it for 8 midi ports and 24 channels. Not sure what "Rewire device always uses adapter" means.

I can get audio from the Kontakt instance straight to the built in Audio duplex.

It appears I'm missing the Rewire mixer in the audio devices list.

Anyone have this sorted out yet?

no, it wasn't the volume, but thanks

I got it working.

It's been so long since I've set up a rewire device.

I looked at my Reason setup and that worked.

So basically follow the tutorial for Reason and that will help.

Be sure to open PB first as a standalone before you launch Logic.

Then close PB, open Logic and setup a new Aux in the Environment, this will be PB's audio input to Logic.

then add an EXT midi channel and use the Media Library list and assign this to the Bidule midi.

Now open PB again and you should see "Rewire Device" in the list on the left. If you don't (which I didn't) then try launching Reason or some other rewire device to make sure you have the latest Rewire Engine (which I didn't....I had recently installed Reason 4 but hadn't launched it as a standalone, which it needs to finish the Rewire engine install)

If it's all wired internally the right way and rewire is working, you should see Bidule Rewire in the Rewire Device list in PB, drag this to the bidule screen. Under Midi Devices, grab Bidule 1 and drag this to the screen. This is your midi output from Logic.

Create your VI instance, connect the midi and the audio in Bidule and you should be good to go.

My problem was that the rewire wasn't working so the Bidule Rewire module wasn't there to choose.