Chord memorizer in the Environment.

Kal

You cable the chord memorizer into the MIDI Instrument / Multi-instrument or Audio Instrument you want to play. You assign it to an Arrange Track, then for each note you select in the top keyboard you 'program' a chord on the bottom keyboard.

From now on, any note you play on the chord memorizer track will trigger the programmed chord. It can be really cool for live performance, since you can now play crazy chords with just one finger!

Hey thanks for your quick response mate. I really appreciate it. One thing I should have mentioned from the get go is that I am a bit of a Logic newbie. So, to cut it short. I've read the section in the manual (to no avail) and Iave also read carefully what you posted (to no avail).

Is there any chance you could spell it out in easy terms or :D make an example .iso file for download.

I know it's a lot to ask but I would really dig it if you could.

Thanks

Played around with it last night and finally got it figured. Funny thing is, once I saw the example working, everything in the manual made perfect sense.

Now if only the rest of logic would be as easy.........

Thanks again mate.

• 1 year later...

Hi Peeps,

Ive just moved from Cubase SX on PC to Logic on MAC basically in SX you had a function called Chorder which you could insert on a midi track. Basically you can only add one chord and which ever note you play on the keyboard it will play that chord but different notes. Is it possible to do it on this Chord Memorizer?

Hi Peeps,

Ive just moved from Cubase SX on PC to Logic on MAC basically in SX you had a function called Chorder which you could insert on a midi track. Basically you can only add one chord and which ever note you play on the keyboard it will play that chord but different notes. Is it possible to do it on this Chord Memorizer?

the chord memorizer is far more flexibile. the "chord" memorizer can memorize any combination of keys you tell it to- not just actual 'chords' like c major triad.

literally, what the chord memorizer does is allow you to make it so that every time you press, say, any of the A keys on your piano/keyboard (you can also set a range i.e. only A1-A4 will function like this), logic will play a user-set chord or key combination. so, you can play, if you wanted to, 8 notes just by pressing an A, and you can do this for every note (you can make b play a different combo, etc). the only caveat to its capability, so far as i know, is that once you've defined a chord for 'A' or any single key, you cannot then assign a different combo or chord to any other 'A' (or whatever key) on the keyboard, even if you've set a range like I've described.

Thanks for the reply.

Yes i see how this works. Basically you have to enter the chords for each note for it to play with the according note.

The difference in Cubase was that you could pick one chord and it would create all these obscure chords for each note from just one chord in the beginning. Is that not possible on this. Or is there a program for it?

Thanks.

Thanks for the reply.

Yes i see how this works. Basically you have to enter the chords for each note for it to play with the according note.

The difference in Cubase was that you could pick one chord and it would create all these obscure chords for each note from just one chord in the beginning. Is that not possible on this. Or is there a program for it?

Thanks.

?

Another function of he chord memorizer is too use it to "remap" the keyboard.

Rather than assign multiple notes to a key. Simply reamp keys to a single notes.

For instance, all the "black" notes could be reassigned to "white" notes allowing a keyboardist to play diatonically or modally nomatter what note is struck! It's great for pan-diatonic/modal effects!

Thanks for the reply.

Thanks.

This is exactly what I have been trying to fuiger out. So far I haven't found any way in Logic or a third party plugin way of doing this. You need to download a chord chart or program and manualy enter your results into the memoriser. I am using a free widget called Piano Theory for this. http://www.mudcube.com/widget/

• 1 year later...

Per an old post in 2006, the upper keyboard and the lower keyboard in the Chord Memorizer object both respond to notes played on a midi keyboard or a mouse:

1. Create a chord memorizer and connect it to a soft synth in the Environment Window

2. Create a chord memorizer track in the Arrange Window

3. Make sure the chord memorizer track is Armed.

4. Double click the chord memorizer object in the Environment Window: the top keyboard is used to assign the midi note that will trigger the chord. The bottom keyboard is used to program the chord.

5. Assigning these notes can be done via mouse or by a midi controller.

PROBLEM: I can assign notes to both keyboards via a mouse. But it does nor work with my M-audio Trigger Finger. Please help.

• 7 months later...
You can always setup more chord memorizers and limit their ranges...

Yes but how do you enter chords from the midi keyboard ,that would be much faster.

I think there's a bug because nobody seems to be doing that.

The listen button is not recording the midi notes. Has this work for anyone.

You can always setup more chord memorizers and limit their ranges...

Yes but how do you enter chords from the midi keyboard ,that would be much faster.

I think there's a bug because nobody seems to be doing that.

The listen button is not recording the midi notes. Has this work for anyone.

Yup, the "Listen" feature seems broken.

• 2 months later...