Basic Arpegio setup

• 3 weeks later...

Easy way:

1. Open your autoload

2. Goto environment

3. Choose New from the local window menu and choose Arpeggiator.

4. Option-clickhold your Arpeggiator object's little triangle and from the menu choose Instruments > Audio Instrument > to assign it to an desired Audio Instrument (the one you wan't to arpeggiate). Note that the menu (layer)structure in your environment might be different than described here.

5. To get it to show in your Arrange window choose the midi tool from toolbox and click the Arpeggiator object and it then gets to your track list.

6. Go to Arrange and choose your Arpeggiator track.

7. Press play and enjoy!

Remember that you have to have Audio Instrument(s) or midi instruments to assign arpeggiator by Option clickholding.

If you don't see the little triangle in your Arpeggiator object make sure that the View > Cables is selected from the local window menu.

Mediumway:

1. Download the Beatz's file basic_arpeggio.lso

2. Open your autoload.

3. Goto Environment.

4. Choose Options > Import Environment > Layer

5. From the file selector choose the song you just downloaded.

6. You get the dialog box into your Environment screen.

7. Choose Arpeggio layer from the pulldown menu and it will instantly pop into your autoload.

8. As you propably see it isn't assigned to correct instrument any more so you have to remove the cabling and Option clickhold the Arpeggiator object to assign it to an desired Audio Instrument.

Hard way:

1. Open your autoload.

2. Goto Environment

3. From the environment Layer menu choose **Create!**

4. You get new layer.

5. Doubleclick the (unnamed) layer and give it a name Arpeggiator.

6. Select New from the local window menu and choose Arpeggiator.

7. Arpeggiator pops to your new Arpeggiator Layer.

8. Option-clickhold your Arpeggiator object's little triangle and from the menu choose Instruments > Audio Instrument > to assign it to an desired Audio Instrument (the one you wan't to arpeggiate). Note that the menu (layer) structure in your environment might be different than described here.

9. To get it to show in your Arrange window choose the midi tool and then click Arpeggiator object and it then gets to your track list.

10. Go to Arrange and choose your Arpeggiator track.

11. Press play and enjoy!

It doesn't matter into what Environments Layer you put your Arpeggiator but if you do it hard way (last example) you can set as many arpeggiators as you wan't and they will always be on your Arpeggiator Layer in the Environment and can be easily found.

i

Well one way is to set up an arpeggiator into Environment layer called Click & Ports and cable its input from Physical input (or after it) and cable it's output to To Recording & Thru object. This way you can record arpeggiators output. Bad thing here is that everything that you play from your keyboard gets arpeggiated.

Easy fix of course is to unplug the arpeggiators output after recording the part that you wanted.

There might be an easier solution too so if someone knows it please share it.

i

Arpeggio.png.2470abd9f27fa83265ce1529bc7b5e91.png

• 1 year later...

Easy fix of course is to unplug the arpeggiators output after recording the part that you wanted.

There might be an easier solution too so if someone knows it please share it.

i

The best thing when cabling directly into the sequencer input is to use a cable switch. Then you can switch between Arpeggio or NOT Arpeggio with just one click!

• 2 weeks later...
now i love logic and it's my main weapon of choice on basically everything i do so don't jump on me for this... but i do have to ask why there isn't an easier and more advanced way to arpeggate in logic it just seems like a feature they have been over looking for too long. i mean reason has the rpg-8 arpeggiator and that even has the awesome arpeggio notes to track option the just places the arpeggiated pattern you've made in the matrix editor on your synths track. ableton live has an easy drag and drop arpiggator and even in FL studio it's as easy as a click of a button just to switch the arpeggiator on for what ever track you want it on. logic should seriously get on to some of these ideas!

Unfortunately the way Logic deals with internal Arpeggios seems to be very clumsy.

(Apple, please have a look at how Ableton Live does this, your arpeggiators are a plain embarrasment compared to those, same counts for your chord memorizer btw)

I have a different problem, which is that the 'Repeat' enabler of any arpeggiator does not seem to work. It should last (repeat, of course!) as long as i hold my keys, which it doesn't.

Anyone have any idea about this?

Here's a Logic environment i made that uses a Cable Switcher to easily switch from Arpegiator Off to different arpegiators (more than 1). Just click in the square of the Cable Switcher and it's 'state' changes.

You can simply record the arpeggiator's output on the same (ghost)track.

http://i7.tinypic.com/7yqck6p.png

ArpSelector.zip

Here's another environment that uses a switch, this tme not connected to the 'Sequencer Input' (Which caused the Arpeggiator's 'Repeat' function to stop).

I can't figure out how to simply have the Logic sequencer record the arpeggiator's output to a seperate miditrack. Anyone?

http://i5.tinypic.com/6y07ggy.png

ArpSelector2.zip

http://i5.tinypic.com/72u0t43.png

Here's an environment that has a recording switch inbetween. Turn the recording mode On or Off just by clicking in it.

Make sure the record button of the EFM1 Arp channel is disabled while recording the Arpeggiator's midi output.

While performing, just turn of the 'Record Input Notes' button.

I would really lke to be able to automate/record changes to the Arpeggiator's settings (Crescendo specifically) using an external controller....

Does anyone know if that is possible?

ArpSelector3.zip

• 1 month later...

Thankyou gulplug for this Arp switcher. Having come from Ableton Live and its easy to use Arpeggiator I have to say I am finding it hard to use the Logic Arp.

I usually use the Arp with external instruments. How could I convert your Arp switcher to work with external Midi instruments?

Thanks again.

PS. Whenever I set up a Arp it always stops when in cycle mode and the loop returns to the start. Is this normal behaviour?

S

• 2 weeks later...
Thankyou gulplug for this Arp switcher. Having come from Ableton Live and its easy to use Arpeggiator I have to say I am finding it hard to use the Logic Arp.

I usually use the Arp with external instruments. How could I convert your Arp switcher to work with external Midi instruments?

Thanks again.

PS. Whenever I set up a Arp it always stops when in cycle mode and the loop returns to the start. Is this normal behaviour?

S

I am also having difficulties with this Arpegiator. I'm relatively new to logic AND midi and all. Would you like control over the switcher with an external midi controller? Haven't figured out yet, going through this by trial and error.

Here's an environment that adds control to the arpeggiator's parameters via a hyperset.

http://i29.tinypic.com/5k4u4z.png

ArpSelector.zip

No comment