No Control Surfaces Installed

Stayboy Stereo

Hey all -

New Mac Pro, Logic 8, Ensemble, Novation Remote SL 61. None of the control surfaces are showing up. When i hit either scan or add, nothing happens. Also, it doesn't look like my com.apple.Logic.pro.cs file got loaded either (i'd LIKE to get loaded about now :? .

The midi device plugins in the screenshot are not showing up either. There are supposed to be a whole lot more. I've been trading emails with a tech guy @ Novation about this. He sent me a screen shot of his Control Surface Install Window & he has a ton which are supposed to be loaded in by default.

I've searched the forums & haven't found anything revelant.

Do i have to do an Uninstall & ReInstall of Logic?

Dual 2.66, OSX 10.4.10, Logic 8

latest novation drivers (Automap Universal)

thanks

968990729_midideviceplugins.thumb.jpg.39c99d6f12f8c81b291dda20eede28dd.jpg

Ctrl_Surf_Window.thumb.jpg.25af77880be0b67440542d2370ef5f55.jpg

Preferences.jpg.6d0ea74219695164fc9cdd8609e6be7e.jpg

Hi there,

The work around this is to start your computer.Go into Mac preferences.Delete the logic control preferenes ( it ends in "cs.". Make sure Ensemble is turned off. Start Logic and then a dialogue box says "previous audio interface not available" Click yes. Your control surfaces should then be recognized. then turn on Ensemble and wait till the last liitle click sound that Ensemble emitesas it is starting up.Then dialogue box says found Ensemble interface.Click OK .Then load a different template .

This has been the work around for me,so I hope it works for you.

Hey guys, thanks for the response.

Acutally, i don't have any problems with the Ensemble - it sound's beautiful and i have no techical issues with it.

My problem is with the Novation ReMOTE SL 61. None of the default midi controllers that are being recognized by logic. As you can see with the one screenshot, some loaded in, but there should be a whole lot more.and I don't know how to make logic see any controllers. It won't scan or add anthing. in the setup.

• 2 months later...

hey mate, great to hear you got it fixed, but my problem is even more perplexing because i don't have the ensemble! in fct i'm not even using an interface as yet as i'm still deciding which one to go for....

looking at the screenshot that you put up there, i can't get that 'Contents' folder up in the Finder - just doesn't exist!

i did the update to 8.0.1 and have the latest firmware for the ReMOTE

so yeah, kinda wanting for inspiration here!!!