Logic Pro 8 Key Commands PDF

maeghan

I made a document containing all of the used default LP8 Key Commands.

There are bookmarks, so you can easily navigate through them ... and, i made it simple, no colors so you can print it out and wallpaper your walls with it :P

I hope this helps someone out there ... Enjoy :!:

I noticed how many times my PDF has been downloaded so I decided to make a PDF for all the MacBook Key Command users.

... and as a bonus, (i got kind of curious), I made a PDF of the both the MacBook and the Standard together. The Standard key commands have 4 extra used ... these are highlighted in red

Logic Pro 8 Standard Key Commands.pdf

Standard

Standard & MacBook.pdf

Standard & MacBook Key Command Comparison

Logic Pro 8 MacBook Key Commands.pdf

MacBook

Edited by maeghan

awesome! Much better than the one I made in text edit!

Sometimes my life feels like it is constantly shortcuts...working with final cut, after effects, avid, pro tools, logic, photoshop, and illustrator. man.

cmd + F = open fridge

cmd + C = make pot of coffee

opt + C = fill cup with cofee

cntl + right arrow = change creamer increments

opt + right arrow = change sugar increments

cmd + D = do the dishes

wouldn't that be sweet!?

I made a document containing all of the used default LP8 Key Commands.

There are bookmarks, so you can easily navigate through them ... and, i made it simple, no colors so you can print it out and wallpaper your walls with it :P

I hope this helps someone out there ... Enjoy :!:

Hi I've downloaded this PDF and found something strange with my Key Commands...

My default command for recording has changed from * to R

.... default for Record toggle is Shift R and so on...

Any one else having this issue?

Eric, are you using a laptop?

Ok...

I've found the problem.

I was using my MacBook settings :lol:

Thanx for the hint David! :mrgreen:

I have one more question:

In the Key Command preferences I have a list of presets that I can use.

For example: U.S. Mac book, Spanish standard and so on...

I'm using a swedish keyboard-layout with my system. Is there any Swedish layouts somewhere that I can use?

Edited by Eric Cardenas

Hi I've downloaded this PDF and found something strange with my Key Commands...

My default command for recording has changed from * to R

.... default for Record toggle is Shift R and so on...

Any one else having this issue?

The key command sets are different for full-sized keyboards and smaller, laptop keyboards, because of the lack of numeric keypad.

'R' for record sounds like the 'Macbook' key command set to me. You can load different default sets in the key command editor window thingy, so try loading the standard set for full-sized keyboards (can't remember the exact title).

I've had to change a few of the commands like that one. I use \ for record. Don't know why... Maybe it was the default in 7 for my keyboard. I can't remember...

• 3 weeks later...

how do i restore the default key commands ?

ran the initialize key command but the usual commands have dissappared too...

record, set locators,multi channel selection etc

new to logic soo dont know wether others also have been modified or erased

could some one guide me on this ?

how do i restore the default key commands ?

ran the initialize key command but the usual commands have dissappared too...

record, set locators,multi channel selection etc

new to logic soo dont know wether others also have been modified or erased

could some one guide me on this ?

In the key command window, choose Options > Presets > U.S. Standard

cmd + F = open fridge

cmd + C = make pot of coffee

opt + C = fill cup with cofee

cntl + right arrow = change creamer increments

opt + right arrow = change sugar increments

cmd + D = do the dishes

wouldn't that be sweet!?

And how many of us haven't seriously thought CMD-Z many times when we've made a mistake, but not sitting in front of a computer? Don't you wish life were that simple? :wink:

And how many of us haven't seriously thought CMD-Z many times when we've made a mistake, but not sitting in front of a computer? Don't you wish life were that simple? :wink:

Or even Command-S every time you get that killer riff, melody, groove or chord progression idea while on a plane, at a party or hiking or swimming!!

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I tried to figure out how to get my key commands working right but I still need some help.

I'm using a Macbook. I noticed that when I hit "command A" it doesn't select all which is what I want it to do. Any help will be much appreciated!

Edit: I figured out the problem. I was trying to select frozen tracks which you can't with command A. As soon as I unfroze the tracks I was able to use the key command properly.

I have been using Logic since version 5 and upgraded to 8 the day it was released.

I posted this topic in the Bugs forum but after 3 weeks no one has responded.

Does anyone else notice that some of the key commands programmed in Logic 8 under the U.S. Standard key command template do not work properly? Or that certain keys on the keyboard do not actually correspond to what is written in the key command window?

Here's some examples:

1. Go To Position is supposed to be "/" on the NUMBER PAD, at least that is what it says in the key command window. For me, on my full-sized aluminum Apple Keyboard, pressing "/" on the number pad engages Cycle Mode.

If I use the "/" on the Alphanumeric section of the keyboard, this brings up Go To Position.

2. The "=" sign on the NUMBER PAD is supposed to be programmed for Merge Regions/Notes, again, this is what it says in the Key Commands Window.

In order for me to merge regions together, I actually have to press "=" on the Alphanumeric keyboard instead. Pressing "=" on the Number Pad performs Set Rounded Locators by Region, even though that command is supposed to be executed when the "=" sign on the Alphanumeric keyboard is pressed.

3. While the Key Commands Window is open, pressing the "-" on the NUMBER PAD only brings up one command as a result: Decrease last clicked parameter by 1.

Now, if I press the "-" key on the Alphanumeric keyboard while the Key Commands Window is open, it will scroll through three different options:

-- Decrease last clicked parameter by 1.

-- Note Overlap Correction

-- Remove Overlaps

When Logic displays the command for "Note Overlap Correction" and "Remove Overlaps", the Key Commands window tells me that this is executed by pushing the "-" key on the NUMBER PAD. Remember, I was pushing "-" on the Alphanumeric keyboard to find these functions in the Key Commands Window.

The strange thing is that I cannot for the life of me get "Remove Overlaps" to work, regardless of which "-" key I use. If I highlight two regions and then choose "Remove Overlaps" by right-clicking and picking it from the pop-up menu, it works fine.

It seems like many of the keys that double on the Alphanumeric keyboard and the Number Pad are working backwards, even though they are not programmed that way, or at least, they do not display that way in the Key Commands Window. And again, some commands, like "Remove Overlaps, do not work at all.

• 4 months later...