Logic 8 makeover

If you drop these files inside your resources folder within Logic pro 8, you will have a little graphic make over in Logic 8. Hope you like it. If you hate it, that's ok too! :-)

Here's the request-thread over at apples discussion forum with screen shots:

http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=1137412&tstart=0

http://img529.imageshack.us/img529/91/ligthshotlk5.png

Edited by slidersson

• 2 weeks later...

wow -- this is GREAT thnx for sharing! i need to tone the white/grey glare a bit its been doing my eyes in.... the numbers in the meter sliders are not as clear/sharp as i'd like too.....

I guess its possible to restore the the top-left Red Yellow & Green window buttons (close, hide and re-size)... strange that the default is grey now?

thnx again!

John

Hi All ---

am about to drop these into the resources folder -- i guess the older (same-named) files should be pulled out and put somewhere safe? -- i'm thinking the app. will go berserk seeing two files w/ same name going on???

am i right?

thnx again slidersson !!

J.

i'm thinking the app. will go berserk seeing two files w/ same name going on???

You can't have two files with the same name at the same location in a file system. If you use the files you download here, or save your own and replace them at the same location, they will replace the old files. So if you want to be able to easily revert to the classic look, make sure you save a backup copy of the original files before you replace them.

hey good morning Dave -

thnx for the quick reply -- yep and thats exactly what i did. copied the old files out, put in a safe place - put the new ones in, relaunched and ...voila.

am just trying to get the fader numbers to be clearer in the appearence prefs. now ---

cheers (time for some vin rouge here),

John

The only thing that I'm not very fond of, is numbers on the faders are a little hard to read - but that is just my opinion. Other than that, I dig this new look.

Brings up a good point. Since this post, I've been changing my L8 to suit my taste (I'd be happy to share, but I'm still chipping away at it slowly... letting it sit a few days at a time until I'm truly happy with the way the stuff looks).

But I'm wondering if anyone knows how to change the default font colors. Even default fonts.