Light way convert mono synth to stereo ?

currently i convert mono to stereo using gain fx plugin but any less power needing way. i know is rare thing need es m but still possible.

Huh... not really, you're not doing anything at all to your signal.

A mono signal panned center in a stereo output means you now have two equivalent signal, and Left = Right.

Putting a gain plug-in, I'm assuming set to mono -> stereo, does exactly the same thing. Meaning it's not doing anything more than putting your mono file onto a mono track panned center.

What are you trying to do, widen the stereo image of your synth? In that case you'll need to use effects that create DIFFERENCES between the left and the right signal - that's the key to stereo localization and width. This can be done with effects such as reverbs, delays, stereo spread, and all sorts of modulation effects.

What are you trying to do, widen the stereo image of your synth? In that case you'll need to use effects that create DIFFERENCES between the left and the right signal - that's the key to stereo localization and width. This can be done with effects such as reverbs, delays, stereo spread, and all sorts of modulation effects.

Or simply run 2 ESMs with slightly different settings panned hard L/R. But the OP just wanted the ESM to run through their "rp-distort" plugin, whatever that is, which apparently only works with stereo input. They also wanted something to convert mono to stereo that is less CPU intensive than the Gain plug. That's what I got from the OP, anyway.

Or simply run 2 ESMs with slightly different settings panned hard L/R.

Excellent idea which would likely yield even better results than the idea I mentioned.

But the OP just wanted the ESM to run through their "rp-distort" plugin, whatever that is, which apparently only works with stereo input.

One thing to try: insert a stereo plug-in to make the signal stereo. Then insert rp distortion. Remove aforementioned stereo plug-in.

The rp-distortion could also be placed on an Aux, although I'm not sure how much less or more CPU that would require vs using a simple Gain plug-in.

Yeah, I'm not sure how the OP got themselves in such a pickle that they need a plugin less CPU intensive than a Gain plug! :shock:

I agree with you it doesn't matter that much, but I understand the eternal quest for streamlining and finding the most efficient work flow possible. In this particular case, I don't think it matters much.

Thanks David. Never noticed that, strange. Why does it appear as a stereo channel and not mono(two volume meters instead of one)?

The meters on a channel strip show you the signal at the output of a channel strip. If you have stereo, or mono -> stereo plug-ins on the channel strip, their output is stereo, so the output of the channel strip is stereo.