Quantize Note Length LIVE (as you play)

This template will let you set a predetermined note length and quantize any incoming MIDI Note to that length.

You set the length of the note in the "Delay" parameter of the Gate Time object. Double click the value and enter a value in ticks (1/16th = 240 ticks).

Click on the Blue Text Switch to toggle between "Thru" and "Quantize Note Length" modes.

In "Quantize Note Length" mode, the sequencer has to be running. Otherwise, no Note Off are sent (press play to stop the sounds).

Enjoy!

QuantNoteLength.lso.zip

305483860_LogicPro003.jpg.06b7e4b72e0cd2ebc945717f2237ff27.jpg

VERY cool.

is there, however, a way to just 'quantize the lenghth of all selected notes to the nearest 1/16th' so that it looks right in Score window? (Other than using the 'transform' function).

One thing I really LIKE about ProTools edit grid is the way 'grid' mode works with Midi notes. You literarly highlight them all, grab the end of one and drag it. All highlighted notes will 'grid' to the nearest grid mark, whatever its set at.

• 6 years later...
This template will let you set a predetermined note length and quantize any incoming MIDI Note to that length.

You set the length of the note in the "Delay" parameter of the Gate Time object. Double click the value and enter a value in ticks (1/16th = 240 ticks).

Click on the Blue Text Switch to toggle between "Thru" and "Quantize Note Length" modes.

In "Quantize Note Length" mode, the sequencer has to be running. Otherwise, no Note Off are sent (press play to stop the sounds).

Enjoy!

What is this ISO? How is it used? Is it safe ?, or can I screw things up if I use it ? also would 120 =an eighth note? Thanks.

Bob

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I got it working, and it's awesome. I'm using it with a software step sequencer that doesn't have note length adjust.

But the funny thing is that the recorded midi notes turn out to be 480 ticks in length no matter what.

Otherwise, it's sounding exactly correct during the actual recording process, which is the most important thing.

And it's a relatively simple fix, you just gotta select all those notes and transform them to same length as set in this environment plugin contraption.

Anyone anything that would cause this auto 480 ticks? It's a quarter note in length, fyi. I don't have any quantize functions turned on that i know of.