Logic can't find Native Instruments after upgrade

Hey guys having a problem w/ an upgrade to an i5 imac trying to get Native Instruments to play nice - here's the issue:

My previous setup:

Macbook pro 2.2 santa rosa, 4gb, 500gb 7200 seagate momentus, OSX 10.5.8, Logic 8.02 & Komplete 5 (updated around June 2009), MOTU Ultralite, 2 FW800 2.5" drives in enclosures (project drive+ library drive)

Everything was working great until I started getting kernel panics pretty regularly, and graphic glitches where the screen would start flashing green & pink vertical bars. Mouse was responsive but couldn't click anything. It started doing this - a few times here a few times there, but then it started doing it regularly after a few hours (sometimes minutes) of use. After some research, I'm starting to think that it's a defective logic board & video card (there have been some issues w/ the Geforce 8600M GT), so I pick up a 27" imac since I'm on a deadline....

My new setup:

27" iMac 2.66 i5, 4gb, 1tb, OSX 10.6.2, Logic 8.02 & Komplete 5, MOTU Ultralite, 2 FW800 2.5" drives in enclosures (projects + libraries) daisy chained through the Ultralite (no more fw400).

I reinstall 8.0.2 on 10.6.2 on the imac, Komplete 5 with updates from NI service centre. I've also saved my logic settings \\library\Application support\Logic from my previous system so I put them back. AU manager says everything is ok, Kontakt/Battery open my libraries perfectly after pointing them in the direction of my library FW drive.

When I open a Logic template that previously worked on the MBP, it now says

"Logic Pro: Plug-in "Guitar Rig" not available!

"Logic Pro: Plug-in "Kontakt 3" not available!

and if i open a previous project that has Battery in it, it says

"Logic Pro: Plug-in "Battery" not available!

My guess is that it has something to do with the version numbers being different, but It's not like I jumped from Guitar Rig 2 to 3! my current version for guitar rig is 3.2.1.004, Kontakt is 3.5.0.025, Battery 3.0.6.002

basically all my NI instruments are not being found in my projects. I can manually replace each missing instrument...and then choose the patch that it was before (and it works fine), but i definitely don't want to do that with all my projects!!!!

I've included a screenshot - any help would be appreciated...I just want to be able to open all my projects and have them work the same as when they were on my mbp.

Thanks!

833318294_Screenshot2010-03-16at2_28_32AM.thumb.jpg.2fa56d29611c5e9199f337c859fdb84a.jpg

Starting in standalone doesn't help at all...that was one of the first things I tried doing. No luck...

An interesting thing to note, I've opened a project that has Izotope Ozone on it and the insert shows Vinyl w/ a line through it. In this case, it makes sense as I haven't reinstalled that plugin yet. I don't get why NI programs are behaving the same way since they're installed properly and I can open them with no problem....

Sorry vdv09, I guess I read too fast or as soon as I read 10.6.2 assumed Logic 9.

I was able to recreate your problem by saving a project in 10.5.8 in Logic 8.0.2 with Guitar Rig 4 after tweaking and adding extra modules to a "factory patch".

I then opened this project in 8.0.2 from my 10.6.2 external "playground" drive and I get the same warning you're getting.

This is a tough one. I tried some things but they didn't work. I'm out of ideas at the moment....

J.

Thanks for trying that out...so at least it can be recreated. It may have something to do w/ 10.6.2. then? I would try to install Leopard, but apparently these new imacs can't have an os # less than 10.6. I'm out of ideas too now?...

Anyway, thanks for your help Jordito. Much appreciated

Actually, I think it might just be a native instruments thing after all.

The test I did last night...I just realized I loaded version 3 in Leopard and version 4 in SL :roll:. Now I did a test and made sure the versions matched and the project I created in Leopard now loads just fine in Snow Leopard...settings and all. Maybe if you make sure that the versions match exactly you could get it to work. Unfortunately, I still can't say for sure though.

J.

• 1 month later...