L9 - GUi customization, minor changes

Numbers on the pan pot are kind of useless. However, the It would be nice to have a black knob with a white stripe that indicated the position. Much like the effects knob with the little dot. To change the dot to a line and use it on a pan pot would be fantastic.

Right now my selected track looks like a pac man game. :?

I need to find a photo edit program and the correct .tiff files.

I am content with the green line around the selected track. I don't like the entire strip lighting up gray.

1510507756_Picture5.png.eec8582ecbfa8721ef3f04147912b366.png

Adobe has a demo of photoshop elements. good for 30 days. should give you enough time to fix things. Or buy it for like 89 bucks

HTH

Thanks browndog,

I have a few photo editors, but I seem to be obsessed with finding that Bluish ring for the pans, sends, etc.

It seems that color is not changeable, and then a transparent layer sits on top of it to open/close its view. The main button simply sits on top and then the numbers on top of that.

I may be trying to change something that isn't possible atm.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Gonna throw my hat into the ring here. I've been doing a number of mods for DP for a while, and just started exploring Logic for various jobs. I've always dug the sound when you get a lot of instruments going. This is the start of my GUI mod journey in Logic...

{dead link removed by admin}

• 1 month later...

Any chance you could post a link, loving your choices of color.

Gonna throw my hat into the ring here. I've been doing a number of mods for DP for a while, and just started exploring Logic for various jobs. I've always dug the sound when you get a lot of instruments going. This is the start of my GUI mod journey in Logic...

:oops:

I really wish I knew how to change the teal color behind the panners. Anyone?

Some of these colours are determined programatically in the code, therefore they can't be changed by editing graphics.

There's not really much you can do with these, if it's the case.

What you should do is hunt through the resources and look for an image which could be what you want, and try a test edit to see if it affects what you want. There are a few potential ones that could be what you want...

I think someone else earlier in the thread said they had found the pan knob colour ring in the graphics, so take a look...

I really wish I knew how to change the teal color behind the panners. Anyone?

Some of these colours are determined programatically in the code, therefore they can't be changed by editing graphics.

There's not really much you can do with these, if it's the case.

What you should do is hunt through the resources and look for an image which could be what you want, and try a test edit to see if it affects what you want. There are a few potential ones that could be what you want...

I think someone else earlier in the thread said they had found the pan knob colour ring in the graphics, so take a look...

Yea, I looked everywhere in the graphics and only found one thing that was teal.. and that wasn't it.

Oh well

thanks!

ampguimods,

looks very nice.

A general question on GUI mods; could modding the GUI in Logic possibly have any effect on its stability or performance?

Does such a GUI take longer to redraw etc.?

I would really like to have the level numbers in each channel strip, but can not afford any risks to Logic's operating functions.

Thanks

ampguimods,

looks very nice.

A general question on GUI mods; could modding the GUI in Logic possibly have any effect on its stability or performance?

Does such a GUI take longer to redraw etc.?

I would really like to have the level numbers in each channel strip, but can not afford any risks to Logic's operating functions.

Thanks

It's a valid question, and was always a concern on systems of the past. The graphics processing on these new machines is so ridiculouss these days that redrawing stationary numbers and non morphing-colors is nothing. Literally nothing. Your computer wouldn't even notice if every number was a different colorl The operating system itself is much harder on graphics processing than any DAW interface.

All that to say, you can have no fear. Swapping out some graphics files won't affect your performance at all.

The one modification to L9's interface that I've been trying to find is the highlight color of whichever frame is currently in focus.

Each section, be it the mixer, the piano roll, arrange, etc each get a white border around them when they are the currently operating frame. I've been digging through Logic's resource folders but to no avail. Does anyone know how to change it?

I'm trying to make it a more dramatic color as I find it to be not dramatic enough of a difference for me to notice whichever section is currently active.

Hey all. Amplidood here. Sorry it took me so long to get back here and let you know where to get the files. Over the holidays I put together a little site for all my mod work. Head on over and check it out!

I really, really liked the look of this, so I just downloaded it and it looks even better in action! The level meter LED's are so much nicer to look at, excellent job!

My only grumble would be that the lovely .1db increments that have finally appeared in 9.02's faders are not in your GUI mod :( How hard would it be for me, someone who has zero graphics knowledge or experience, to fix this issue?

edit: only seems to be instrument channels and random audio/bus channels that suffer from the .2db increment changes. I can live with that :)