esoundz groupbuy for oceanway drums + much more

• Sonic Reality's Infinite Player plug-in powered by Kontakt*

• 12 different Ocean Way® Drums DL mix kits from dry to medium to ambient

• 15 Drum Masters 2 Signature Drum Kits featuring drum kits of legendary drummers

• Ambient Impulse Responses from some of the best sounding studio rooms in the world to use with Infinite Player/Kontakt's convolution reverb

• Bonus Midi Grooves

and ezplayerpro soon to be added

i'm surprised this is sinking

i know i posted it in the wrong section but didn't want to repost....maybe one of the kind mods will move it to the control room and also advise me if anything i have posted is against forum policy

27 incredible kits here with up to 61 keys (5octaves) of different articulations and groupings

there is a 14-day demo of one of the ocean way kits on the site.....

i hope that everyone looking for drum sounds checks this deal out

http://www.oceanwaydrums.net/videos.php

here are some audio demos of all the kits in the group buy

http://www.esoundz.com/details.php?ProductID=4118&refcode=USDKVR

el-bo, I can't find their demo link. You got one?

http://www.esoundz.com/freesoundz.php

scroll down till you find

Ocean Way Drums Expandable TRIAL! with a pic of a credit card

d'load the trial player and the kit...the kit sounds and plays great...great hat and cymbal articulations...i'd probably change out the snare but that will be possible once i get all of the kits

make sure you try out all keys/octaves...the imap they use seems quite overwhelming starts to seem logical after a while..

there is a huge group-buy thread over at kvr , though i'm unsure whether i'm allowed to link to it

have fun

• 3 weeks later...

Hmm...I'm looking to get some sample kits. I was thinking of going for ezdrummer but this deal looks interesting..

Question 1: How does the "infinite player" differ from the one that comes with the ocean way DL edition

Question 2: How does it compare to, say, ezdrummer? Does anyone own both that would like to share experiences with both?

Question 3: Is there an "upgrade" path with this deal to get discounted silver/gold editions?

Question 4: The group buy description says there's more extras once it reaches 400. Enrollment is currently at 494 so there should be more extras, right?

Question 5: The final date is Wednesday December 30th, does that mean i have to enrol before midnight tonight?

Hmm...I'm looking to get some sample kits. I was thinking of going for ezdrummer but this deal looks interesting..

Question 1: How does the "infinite player" differ from the one that comes with the ocean way DL edition

Question 2: How does it compare to, say, ezdrummer? Does anyone own both that would like to share experiences with both?

Question 3: Is there an "upgrade" path with this deal to get discounted silver/gold editions?

Question 4: The group buy description says there's more extras once it reaches 400. Enrollment is currently at 494 so there should be more extras, right?

Question 5: The final date is Wednesday December 30th, does that mean i have to enrol before midnight tonight?

you'd really be better off looking over at kvr...there is a MASSIVE

thread about it...don't know if i can link to it so i'll just tell you where it is...on the main menu scroll down to the marketplace...about half way down this section is the group buy thread...squids is the ceo and regularly pops in to lively up the place with rock 'n roll stories and to answer the many questions

at this point you get vouchers worth $99 against other stuff, though i'm not 100% clear on what....ezplayer pro is already a freebie or another option if you don't want it....tons of midi grooves and hybrid kits....at 500 we get more grooves, signature snare and more hybrid kits...there are also a couple of multitrack kits into the bargain

ezdrummer doesn't come close...ezplayer does what it does very well...but these kits have waaaaay more articulations , velocity layers and round-robin hits...have you checked out the audio demos of the kits...that should answer the question already and that's without the new round-robin hits being scripted in

check out the thread.....oh and there is talk of the group buy being extended for a couple of weeks...but it aint definite and the extras clock will have stopped by the 30th....so, id you are at all interested would risk it

check my earlier post, try the demo kit....watch the videos on the site where dave 'squids' shows the articulations mapped over 61 keys of imap...i also very nearly bought ez at the end of last month....i would have been really disappointed if i hadn't seen this first

You know what, what the hell, i might as well just enrol....EZ Player pro alone is worth £25 and the entire lot is only going to set me back £61 so it's almost a no-brainer.

it IS a no brainer....look

The following are the things you can choose:

1. You can choose between Infinite Player (which you need to use the sounds of this group buy) OR if you already have it you can have a brand new Ludwig Jazz Kit (new stereo/quasi-multi version) instead.

2. You can choose between EZ Player Pro from our friends at Toontrack (this is not required at all for using this group buy but if you want a great tool for working with midi files then this is normally $50 on it's own! Nice freebie.) OR if you already have or don't need EZPP you can choose a Drum Masters Multitrack Kit instead. The kit offered will be a multi-track version of one of the stereo/quasi-multi kits in this group buy. Note that it will not be an Ocean Way Drum Multichannel kit! (I saw someone hoping for an OWD Kit # in MT - that can't happen as they are not encoded for the Infinite Player and a ton of other reasons). It will either be the JB Sonor Kit or the NDV Gretsch Kit. Those were all recorded during the sessions with John Blackwell (drummer for Prince) and Nick D'Virgilio (drummer for Tears for Fears and Spock's Beard).

The following are things that everyone gets (automatically, no choosing):

OWD Kit 10 Medium for Infinite Player This is great to have to complete the dry/medium/ambient options for at least one of the kits (Kit 10 which is one of my favorites). Then you can see what it is like to have Ocean Way Drums DL kits with the three mixes (dry, medium and ambient for each kit). This one is normally given away just as a demo to work with the OWD Player. So, it's nice to have it fully working for the Infinite Player and this group buy.

A Signature Snare from either the Pearl, Yamaha or Tama models done with famous drummers. At the moment it is still a mystery because I want to pick the one I like the best with the rest of the kits. I could pick it at random but I'd prefer to hear it in context of a hybrid kit... if you were curious why it was still a mystery. But I will let you know which one very soon! Can't go wrong since it is either going to be a Gadd, Copeland, Chambers or Weckl snare!!!

Over 100 Odd Grooves courtesy or Per at Odd Grooves (thanks Per!)

50 Hybrid Kits courtesy of El Squidsarino (but these may come a few days later since I can only do them after we make the changes that were requested such as the hi hat closed thing and the OWD/Infinite tweaks I mentioned for the effects which we're doing now). They're easy to add and super small downloads though. Plus, we're planning on doing a contest and tutorial for making your own which we'll share with everyone so you'll have even MORE creative Hybrid Kits from that if all goes well.

--------------------------------

I think that's everything so far up to the 400. So what happens if we hit 500? Okay, let's make it simple. You get ANOTHER Drum Masters Multitrack Drum Kit.

UNOFFICIAL INFO:

Now, if you're curious to know what I was talking about seeing if we could do earlier that I have to find out on Monday about is this. For the multiple choice options it would be cool if you could say pick 2 items out of the following multiple choices:

- Infinite Player (you need it if you don't already have it)

- EZ Player Pro (optional but if you want a midi tool...)

- Multitrack JB Sonor Kit

- Multitrack NDV Gretsch Kit

- Stereo/Quasimulti Ludwig Jazz Kit

and if you reach 500 then there would be THREE things you could choose instead and we'd add another Multitrack kit from Drum Masters (maybe even the multitrack version of the Jazz kit since no one possibly has that). I just want to make sure there's enough new things for anyone who joined that has Drum Masters Gold already that's all. I know some of you do. We can't do any further swapping out for things you already have on this (too many people) so we'll try to make enough variety in the choices for you to get at least a few things you didn't already have. Remember these are extras and the main product itself are hopefully worth the price alone. If everyone overall can get some good bonuses out of the extras then that'll be reasonable I think. Obviously those that are new to Drum Masters 2 or Ocean Way Drums get the most new stuff out of this but you have to admit there's enough value for everybody regardless.

I will let you know if this becomes official. I only posted it because I am 90% sure we can do it and the only question I have is related to the EZ Player Pro and how we deliver the serial on that which is different... we may have to do that manually for those that choose that is all. Not a big deal... but with 400-500 people it just could take a little while to get it to you depending on how many people choose it. But we don't even know how many will! Maybe only 50 people... then no biggie. If 400 people chose it and we had to do it manually... well, Allen would want to spill my ink! Even though he has help but... I always make these group buys complicated for them because I try to make you all happy which is our priority. Then they have to keep track of everything after (sorry!). But hey come on. These group buys are ALWAYS more fun when there are bonus extras right? So it's worth a little complication don't you think?

there's also the vouchers thrown in :D

4 more people required for even more extras...nice!

300 - Free Toontrack EZPlayer Pro - TARGET ACHIEVED

400 - Over 100 more midi grooves from ODD GROOVES, an extra Signature Snare from a famous drummer, Ocean Way Drums Kit 10 Medium for Infinite Player, FIFTY Hybrid Kits featuring mix and match kit pieces. - TARGET ACHIEVED

NEXT TARGET: 500

4 more people required for even more extras...nice!

300 - Free Toontrack EZPlayer Pro - TARGET ACHIEVED

400 - Over 100 more midi grooves from ODD GROOVES, an extra Signature Snare from a famous drummer, Ocean Way Drums Kit 10 Medium for Infinite Player, FIFTY Hybrid Kits featuring mix and match kit pieces. - TARGET ACHIEVED

NEXT TARGET: 500

it's already 510.....

i have no affiliation to the company...i thought more people here would have jumped on this....still time

Come on, people...you really need to look into this. There is a lot of stuff in this deal and there's only going to be more added the more people that join it. The guys running it are trying a final push to get a total of 650 people enrolled (another 67 people), and they're offering an incentive of yet another Ocean Way Drums kit in the final package.

Looking at the list of stuff in the deal makes my mouth water....and for $99, it's almost too good to be true.

• 2 weeks later...
Damn. I think I screwed this up. My plea for help:

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=3932127#3932127

yeah...just read your post over there

the info was posted about the infinite player many times but got lost in a huge 200+ page thread...you're definitely excused for not having trawled through it :D

once you get the infinite player can you not just re-zip/compress the data from the kits ???

hope it all works out for ya soon....i'm really pretty blown away by the detail in these kits and the expression i can get from a performance just hammering away on my keyboard

let us know how you get on :D

This thing is a monster, so you can easily be forgiven for making mistakes.

hopefully you didnt use your coupon to get the jazz kit ... if not you should have a coupon code in your esoundz account area, which you can use to redeem the infinite player.

In your download area of esoundz there is a news that has information about keeping your zips intact. You do need to redownload them and keep them as zips.

Re your question about auto-unzipping: although squids said that you need to re-download, I made this mistake on the first 2 kits i downloaded ... I just re-zipped them and it seemed to work fine when installing them through the infinite player library installer.

hopefully you didnt use your coupon to get the jazz kit ...

Ha! That's exactly what I did!

Here's the poop. Esoundz has 2 versions of Kontakt Player available at their site. One is just called "Kontakt Player" and the other is called "Infinite Player". Their Kontakt Player isn't capable of authorizing the encrypted files, only the Infinite Player is. However, nowhere on their site is this actually mentioned.

Infinite Player is just touted on the site for it's unique scripting and features. I wasn't interested in that so I opted for the additional samples option. Oh well, we'll just have to see how they handle it!

johnno wrote:

hopefully you didnt use your coupon to get the jazz kit ...

Ha! That's exactly what I did!

D'oh!!

If you really want the multitrack jazz kit anyway, maybe just get the infinite player separately for $50: http://www.esoundz.com/details.php?ProductID=2459

However, nowhere on their site is this actually mentioned.

The "vital info thread" might be useful to you: http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=273725&sid=6860c19fd3c1be24a178672c91c4c769

This has info on coupon codes available to you, what to install, when stuff is coming, what the kits sound like etc etc. Useful quote from squids:

2) Everyone in the GB will get a Redeem Code to use here: www.downloadablesoundz.com/redeem.php Where you will enter that code and it will take you to a page where you can CHOOSE between the Infinite Player SERIAL -OR- if you already have an ACTIVATED Infinite Player (meaning you had a serial before and activated it with NI's service center from a previous purchase) then you can alternatively choose an STm Ludwig Jazz kit.

NOTE: Both of these - the serial or the Jazz kit - will be put into your DownloadableSoundz.com user's area instead of esoundz. This is the place where we can do individual and multi-choice downloads... we can't do it the same way on esoundz. You'll need to link your esoundz account to a Downloadablesoundz account and all you have to do is go into your esoundz member's area and check the box to link your account to DownloadableSoundz.com. Then you can use your SAME login data there. We DO apologize for that extra step but this is to accommodate the people that already have Infinite Player and we want to make them happy too!

also from the GB email:

• Kontakt Player 3.5 or 4 is required but FREE. People who are new to this are sometimes confused by the two "players" but the actual software engine is Native Instruments Kontakt. The "Infinite Player" is just the gateway to make Kontakt or Kontakt Player customized to be able to play Sonic Reality's sounds inside it such as the kits of this group buy. "Infinite Player" shows up as a library within Kontakt 3.5 or higher. Kontakt Player 3.5* is available for Mac and PC from the download area of Sonic Reality's site: http://www.sonicreality.com/index.php/downloads/ or as a download link from your member's area on esoundz.

NOTE: YOU MUST HAVE KONTAKT OR KONTAKT PLAYER TO USE THESE SOUNDS. First install Kontakt Player and then Install Infinite Player and then the individual kits using the Infinite Installer. It is important that you read the Easy Start Guide included with the Infinite Player installer.

• Redeem Code Serial for choosing Infinite Player (or if you own Infinite Player already you can alternatively choose the Ludwig Jazz Kit).

You redeem this code on http://www.downloadablesoundz.com/redeem.php (just clicking on the code on esoundz will take you there but you must first merge your esoundz account with downloadablesoundz.com by clicking the link in the top of your member's area of esoundz so you can use the same login info). DownloadableSoundz.com is a resource for individual a la carte kits, grooves and more. It is where you will be able to select the bonus extras of the Ultimate Studio Drums Bundle and where you will need to select the REQUIRED Infinite Player.

• Infinite Player - Once you have selected the Infinite Player your downloadable Infinite Player Installer and serial number for registering it with Native Instruments (along with an important guide you must read and follow closely for proper installation) will show up in your DOWNLOADABLESOUNDZ.com user area. The serial number will be under the "Product Serials" tab on the left.

*If you are a Mac PPC user you will need to use 3.5. Mac Intel and Windows users can optionally use Kontakt Player 4 which is free from http://www.native-instruments.com. Note: You must register on these sites to access downloads of Kontakt Player.

basically, read that whole thread!!

basically, read that whole thread!!
LOL, yeah. That would have been good advice BEFORE I downloaded!

Actually, you'd have to be aware that all the support resources for esoundz are located on KVR. But there's no link to KVR on the esoundz support website, anywhere. So if you're the recipient of an email telling you your sounds are ready for download on your esoundz account, you'd have no way of knowing any of that stuff Squids has written. And there's a considerable amount of stuff you need to be aware of, apparently.

But I understand. Companies have growing pains like this.

You're right, I don't think they expected to be getting 900+ people buying this. They started adding so much more free stuff to it because of the growing numbers, I dont think they had enough time to prepare it all!! All of the kits had to be written from scratch for the infinite player and the more they added, the more time was needed. It will all be sorted by mid next week, I expect - they really were working overtime during the holiday. I'm sure Allen will sort out your little issue with the jazz kit.....although since you've downloaded it already it might require a bit of trust on his part that you wont use it!!

all sorted now, fader8?

As a matter of fact, yes! I was just about to update this thread. The fine folks at Sonic Reality/esoundz/downloadablesounds have got me squared away.

I got one kit DL'd and am just getting through checking it out in Kontakt. The other zips are DL'ing as I type. Could take a while. But at least I know I'm up and running. Thanks for the moral support!

BTW, I think those guys could use a good desktop software programmer to come up with some real installers. A few more group buys like that and maybe they''ll afford it!

Just a quick observation. Kudos to those guys for providing samples with a native 48kHz format, as that's my preferred working SR. I loaded up the Bonham kit in a 44.1k session and auditioned them with some of the IMAP sequences they provided. After noticing that the cymbals were sounding a bit brash and brittle, and noticing in Kontakt that the native SR for these samples is 48k, I re-clocked my system and switched the session to 48k.

There was an immediately noticeable difference in the crash cymbals particularly, but also some improved clarity for the kit as a whole. So give this a try on your systems and see if you notice it as much as I did. Be sure to compare using the same MIDI sequence.