Logic Authorization error

deangrins

I have two mac with Logic 9 both purchased upgrades from Apple. For some reason, my Slave computer lost it's authorization so I put in the code again, only I made the mistake of putting in the code for the Master computer, and now I have to computers with the SAME Logic 9 authorization and it only lets me use one of them (they are connected via ethernet)

Does anyone know how to unauthorize my Slave computer so I can reauthorize it with the other serial number?

Thank you.

For Logic 8 you'd trash /Library/Application Support/ProApps/Logic Studio System ID but I believe for Logic 9 you have to trash /Library/Application Support/ProApps/ProAppsSystemID

For safety, instead of trashing those, just move one at a time to the desktop and try starting Logic. If it doesn't ask for your serial, quit Logic, move the file back to where it was and try the other file.

Let us know!

Edited by David Nahmani

Thanks for you speedy reply.

There was not a ProAppsSystemID on my Slave, which was probably why there was a problem. But it was still having an issue...so, I removed the Logic Studio System ID and that prompted the authorization window. I think I had a buggy thing going on in there.

For "fun", on my Master computer, I decided to remove the Logic Studio System ID and Logic 9 still worked as a result, but when I opened Logic 8, I got the authorization window.

Once I had my Slave authorized again. I removed the ProAppsSystemID and when I opened Logic 9, I got the authorization window.

So, I would concur that Logic Studio System ID hold the SN# for Logic 8, and the ProAppsSystemID hold the SN# for Logic 9. Another variable perhaps is that my Slave is using Snow Leopard and my Master is using Leopard, but maybe this means nothing.

Unless, when things got funky with Vienna Ensemble Pro and it freezes upon loading which required an uninstall and reinstall of VE Pro. Upon restart of the mac, I got the authorization issue in Logic 9.

Maybe this helps?

Thanks again,

Dean