How do you clear automation stuff? [SOLVED]

bmode

Hey all, I have a midi file that I imported into Logic Pro 8, and this one track has automation on it such as panning and volume dips and I want to remove them completely. I tried to over write it, but it keeps reverting back to it's move? Thanks in advance.

Hey all, I have a midi file that I imported into Logic Pro 8, and this one track has automation on it such as panning and volume dips and I want to remove them completely. I tried to over write it, but it keeps reverting back to it's move? Thanks in advance.

Hi.

Since the automation is in midi regions it is Region Based Automation. Go to local window menu called View and select Hyper Draw (see picture). That's where you can easily delete and edit your automation.

Thanks,

i

188499778_Kuva1.png.97659b0288b1df6202c55afafb9d206f.png

I think I got it now. You have to deselect the yellow line inside the editor window and hyper draw volume section as it turns grey, then the faders won't be effected are free of automation. When it's yellow, the hyper draw is active. This is some tricky shtuff, very cool, but tricky. Thanks for you help all.

• 1 month later...

Have no idea whether you got a solution for this, but I had the same problem and the way I found to delete all the automation which came with the midi files, was, after you select the track you want to work on, go to Hyper Editor and you will find all the automation right in the starting point of the track. Just click on it and then press delete. Hope it will help you... :D

• 1 year later...
I don't get why there's boot a Hyper Editor and this "Hyper Editor lookalike" you find in the bottom left corner of Piano Roll? In Hyper Editor volume is measured in percent and not in decibel as in the "Hyper Editor lookalike", I prefer decibel which amounts to what you see in the mixer.

• 2 years later...

Wow that was an oooold thread! :D

I don't get why there's boot a Hyper Editor and this "Hyper Editor lookalike" you find in the bottom left corner of Piano Roll?

The bottom of the Piano Roll is called the "Hyper Draw" area and it looks nothing like the Hyper Editor. The latter displays individual MIDI CC events as vertical beams on a grid, while the former displays lines and curves that interpolate the values of many MIDI CC events. It's just two completely different ways to display, create and edit MIDI CC.