Noise blast problem fixed?

ben_allison

I'm scared. A user on Gearslutz reported this over a year ago:

"OK, this is killing me. My MBP cannot record to an external USB 2.0 drive without failing. I'm using a fireface and the buffer is set for 1024. I record successfully for a few minutes, then I'm BLASTED with white noise, or some very complex distortion. Ouch!"

And here's a worst case scenario from the same thread:

"I was tracking my band last weekend when our drummer (who was the only one wearing earphones) got blasted with the noise to the extent that blood was coming out of his ear."

I'm a bit apprehensive now about tracking into Logic!

Has this bug been fixed? Is there a way to absolutely make sure this doesn't happen?

I'm scared. A user on Gearslutz reported this over a year ago:

"OK, this is killing me. My MBP cannot record to an external USB 2.0 drive without failing. I'm using a fireface and the buffer is set for 1024. I record successfully for a few minutes, then I'm BLASTED with white noise, or some very complex distortion. Ouch!"

And here's a worst case scenario from the same thread:

"I was tracking my band last weekend when our drummer (who was the only one wearing earphones) got blasted with the noise to the extent that blood was coming out of his ear."

I'm a bit apprehensive now about tracking into Logic!

Has this bug been fixed? Is there a way to absolutely make sure this doesn't happen?

Hey Ben that same thing happen to me yesterday

I was recording a 4 stack chorus and me and the artist was listening back

and BLAM!!! WHITE NOIIIIIIIIIIIIIISE MESSED UP MY VISION DREAMS AND PASSION.

I just deleted the track with the problem and re recorded the take.

Don't know if this helps, but here's my experience: I had sudden bursts of white noise in a project yesterday. I narrowed it down to an Apple loop I had on one track. It was a surround loop - or at least, the channel strip had a surround output once I'd imported the loop onto the track. I had converted the channel to a stereo output, but left the loop as it was. I'm not sure whether the problem was caused by the loop itself, or the fact that it was on a stereo channel. I didn't take time to investigate, I just deleted the sucker!