logic with digi 002

ruspell

Hi, I recently buy a digi 002 beacuse my motu dies. I begin pro-tools but i left in 3 days, it was hard and not intuitive. I worked with logic since 6 years ago and i want to work with logic 7 and the digi. Anyone knows if the core drivers of the digi works fine with logic. Thanks. And sorry fot my languaje, i´m spanish. thanks.

Hola

well, i dont have personal experience, but i have heard that logic doesnt work super -good with 002, but there are drivers, they are a bit un-reliable.

probably updates in the future though

nigel

Hola ¿que tal?

hey its great to see someone from spain here too, if that is where your from :)

Hola Ruspell!

Like Nigel said, the Digi002 will work with Logic Pro 7 with the latest Digi CoreAudio drivers. I have worked in two different studios with that setup. However, the Digi CoreAudio drivers aren't very well written. The induce a LOT of cracks and pops so you'll have to use them for Logic exclusively (and turn off all other sounds, apps and/or select "built-in audio" as a defaul input/output for system and other app sounds), you'll have to keep the i/o buffer size set fairly high (512 is a safe setting) # meaning you'll suffer latency..

One problem of the Digi CoreAudio driver is that it has a tendency to unlock it's i/o buffer size from the one you set in Logic. That creates sample rate incoherences with Logic. You'll have to check your driver's window for i/o buffer size and make sure this setting is in sync with the one in Logic's preferences at all times.

So give it a shot, hopefully you'll make it run smoothly, but if you start having too many problems, don't insist and get a more compatible Audio Interface.

Good luck!

ok thanks, before all, i´m tryng send a post and it dont apear in the forum, i dont know if this response will appear, this morning i change the 002 for a new motu. Definitly it was not coordinate with the logic. Nigel make me think and david make me sure that i have to change the audio card. Yes i´m spanish, from mallorca, a little island in the center of mediterranean sea. Ok friends, thanks :wink:

• 2 weeks later...