No sound after moving audio region

R3negade

I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, but often after a project has a few tracks (~10), when I moved an audio region between tracks (sometimes even when I'm just moving it inside its current track), all the current regions go silent (not muted, they just don't make any sound). :cry: I can see all the level meters as if there was supposed to be sound, though.

If I save the project and then open it up again, everything's still silent. This can only be fixed by pressing Cmd+Z to the moment before I move the region.

This is extremely annoying and I have no idea what's causing it. Any ideas, suggestions, solutions are very appreciated!

Thank in advance! :P

Never mind! :roll:

I just wanted to confirm that this has happened to me as well. I don't know the fix but now I might have an idea of something to try next time. I've had audio mute when I've assigned the output of a track to a new bus. To fix that I've gone to that track and changed the output back to nothing and then back to the bus output. Then it turns on. I'll try this the next time I get no audio. Also, I think that when I've moved audio I've gotten some sound on the preceding part of the track prior to the moved audio. Then, when I get to the edit it goes silent right after the end of the new region.

I have also had this problem. It effectively ends the project because you cant relaly do any more moving regions. I had no idea how to fix it, so I had to start over.

I am using Logic 9 and still have not done the upgrade to 9.0.1 yet. Have any users with the upgrade experienced this problem as well?

• 11 months later...
  • 8 months later...
Hi, I get this problem as well, I've had it 3-4 times in the past couple of years. First time I killed myself by finishing the project with all cut/copy and paste (!!) which apparently don't cause the silence. Another time I've moved everything to a new project as claesbjo suggests. Now I am undoing (Command-Z) the last action (which caused the problem) and immediately redoing it (Command-Shift-Z or Command-Y). That fixes the problem, but I would really like a REAL FIX! :?