Logic Additional Content Download frustrations!

drhoust

Hey there,

Anyone else having major problems downloading the additional content for logic pro 9.1.6?

I have attempted on 3 different machines over the past drew months and it doesn't work....

What happens is it downloads about a 1/4 of the way and then asks for you mac admin password as if its finished and then says it "installs content" and closes download dialog box.

Then when i open logic there is no additional content for any of the instruments.

I eventually just found a logic studio 8 box from a friend and just installed all the logic 8 content.

I have just today installed the Logic 9.1.7 update and tried again and same story.

Crap, i really wish I had the box version of logic, it would make life so much easier.

drhoust -

I had non-stop frustrations with the same issue. Finally, here's what made 100% of the difference (at least for me) and solved the problem...

Instead of using my home's wireless (which yes, has a perfectly fine strong signal), I connected DIRECTLY via CAT5 hard cable to the back of my home wireless router - i.e., I didn't use a wireless connection. The downloads worked (fast) and completely.

It will also help if you do not try to download everything (especially the big gig+ files) all at once. Pick one or two at a time, because the installation dialog boxes might get in the way of progress.

Let us know if that solves your problem as we're not the only ones who have struggled with this (and yes, wouldn't a boxed version be nice?!)

Ok cool, So i have a brand new Macbook Pro (quad i7 yes yes thank you very much indeed :) )

so no browsing cache whatsoever, and I am going to plug my mac straight into the LAN ports on my wireless router and see how that goes...

The previous attempts had all been through a LAN connection tho...

Will keep you posted, thnks again.

Does anyone know how much different the content library from Logic 9 is to Logic 8?

I nipped the Logic Studio 8 box from work so I can bypass this hassle and save a lot of bandwidth (yes i live in a place where we are capped!) and have it installed straight form disk....

Will I missing out on some really cool Ultrabeat or EXS kits though?

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I just purchased logic 9 from the apples store...as soon as I tried to fire it up it said it had to spend an hour downloading content...ok fair enough, but as others have reported, half way down it requests my mac password to make chances, I enter it and it closes...

what is going on, I want my logic working, I didn't pay $199 to get stuck in a never ending download for unusable sofware??

I did eventually get it to install, clearing the cache repeatedly did the trick,...such a silly obstacle, surely it can be overcome.

I now have logic working and am working through the online manual and demo track. So far pretty cool, though my 2Mhz Mac mini does complain often that the drive or the CPU are overloaded, again a warning about minimum requirements might have been useful. My own recordings won't be using as many tracks as the demo so I will hopefully avoid issues but its clear that Pro is a high performance program that needs a big mac to get the best out of it.

Just as an aside...

Quite a few of these problems with downloading the additional content (once Apple fixed another issue relating to this in 9.1.8 ) have been found to be caused by the user's ISP limiting the max size of any given single file being downloaded.... causing the Download file to 'timeout' or 'end' before downloading was complete. BT in the UK.... and Comcast, Time Warner and Verizon FIOS in the USA have all be reported as placing this limitation on some users accounts.. (and there are probably more ISPs that do this.. to apparently "prevent large download abuse.. " (whatever that might mean??)) and a call to them, asking for the max limit to be raised to at least 8GB has resolved this issue for everyone who has tried,...

Note: It did take a couple of Users... several tries to get through to the 'right' knowledgable support person, to get this issue fixed... normally only after their issue was raised with a Tier 2 tech... as the Tier 1 techs didn't know about the limits imposed on certain users and certain accounts..

An example of this can be found in the last post in this thread...

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3621202?start=0&tstart=0