Solo Button Doesn't Work

minhnhat0705

Hi, I am using Logic Pro X 10.5.1 on macOS Catalina 10.15.5.

The song that I'm working on suddenly stop letting me solo any tracks. By this I mean whenever I try to solo a track, other tracks would continue playing. It is important to say that I'm working with all audio tracks.

I tried solving this by creating a new audio track. Let's say I've had 10 tracks already and I just created track 11. Now, whenever I try to solo a track from 1-10, track 11 would be muted as how it's supposed to behave, but the first 10 track would still be playing. So I think I have accidentally pressed the wrong button and do not know how to reverse it.

Please let me know how to fix this.

Update: I think I found part of the problem. I'm mixing a song. I'm sending all my track to bus 1 and call it "Pre Out" since I don't want to put plugins onto my Stereo Out. As a result, all tracks are being set with output as bus 1. The "Raw" track (my preference track), however, is sent straight to Stereo Out. So every track in bus 1 when being soloed wouldn't be muted for some reason while track "Raw" would act normally.

1703866240_ScreenShot2020-11-05at23_18_40.thumb.png.b602fa8f5be193e9ad9a2174a9d5d557.png

Things even get weirder when I tried to solo a track in a bus in bus 1.

427175872_ScreenShot2020-11-05at23_19_14.thumb.png.1054a35f5815214062d6809ef126dc6a.png

I think it might have to do with the fact that now whenever I tried to send a track to bus 1, bus 1 instead of being called "Bus 1-> Pre Out", it is right now "Bus 1 -> Pre Out, Selection-Base Processing A"

1554777542_ScreenShot2020-11-05at23_19_37.thumb.png.640a2d5f3904d0e17c43bc485cd23767.png

Update: I think I found part of the problem. I'm mixing a song. I'm sending all my track to bus 1 and call it "Pre Out" since I don't want to put plugins onto my Stereo Out. As a result, all tracks are being set with output as bus 1. The "Raw" track (my preference track), however, is sent straight to Stereo Out. So every track in bus 1 when being soloed wouldn't be muted

Ok so that is not normal behavior.

I think it might have to do with the fact that now whenever I tried to send a track to bus 1, bus 1 instead of being called "Bus 1-> Pre Out", it is right now "Bus 1 -> Pre Out, Selection-Base Processing A"

YES! I could reproduce that behavior. Definitely a bug. I'll report it.